What is General Anxiety?
- General anxiety is marked by excessive and/or unrealistic worry about possible situations or common situations. Anxiety can be marked by two types of phobias:
- Simple phobias: fears of specific situations and/or objects
- Social phobias: Typically associated with problems interacting with larger groups of people
- People with anxiety disorders can get help. Pharmacotherapies can help when used under an appropriate prescription from a psychiatrist. For patients with anxiety disorders, exposure therapy can have great results, as well as response prevention for those who have compulsive behaviors.
- For aid in finding treatment options near you, please visit the SAMHSA Mental Health Services Locator.